The T-Mobile G2 is dead, long live the T-Mobile G2! Well, there’s that, with the death knell sounding for T-Mobile’s G2 smartphone. As of June 6th, it has officially reached the end of its shelf life, so whatever you see there is just that, there won’t be any more new models being churned out from the production line, making each handset all the more valuable as one by one of its brethren enters an electronics recycling program or is discarded.
What makes the T-Mobile G2 worthy of news coverage? Well, it is T-Mobile’s first 4G device that sported a highly rated QWERTY keyboard, and there is always the significance of being a first mover in any industry, assuming your attempt at a retail release is not botched in any way.
We do wonder whether T-Mobile has plans to roll out a replacement for the vacuum left by the T-Mobile G2. Do you think that there is a better handset in the class of the G2 out there? If so, do share with us in the comments.
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-14 T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14 T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13 Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2011-08-05 T-Mobile G2 battery drain issues, carrier asks for help
- 2011-05-12 Official HTC Desire Gingerbread ROM not out yet, but leaked
- 2010-10-25 T-Mobile G2 owners want permanent hack, willing to offer cash
- 2010-11-09 T-Mobile G2 rooted permanently
- 2010-12-13 T-Mobile G2 going cheap at $50