Every now and then we come across a Vertu phone, which basically exudes luxury. However apart from its luxurious offerings, such as the use of precious metals and rare stones in its construction, Vertu devices rarely bring anything else to the table. It looks like they may have chosen the “form over functionality” path. Tag Heuer’s offering however, does offer something that resembles functionality, in the form of an Android smartphone which will be running on Froyo 2.2. If the outdated operating system does not throw you off, perhaps the $6,700 price tag will.
The device is named the Link Phone, and it is constructed with either steel, 18K rose gold, or titanium, and is topped off with leather, alligator- and lizard-skin, rubber and diamond accents. Pretty fancy, don’t you think? For its technical specifications, the Link Phone is somewhat disappointing with a 3.5-inch (800 x 480) display, 5MP autofocus camera, 256MB internal memory, an 8GB memory card, 1400 mAh battery, and EDGE / HSUPA connectivity.
For $6,700 we were hoping for a device with all the frills, such as dual-core processors, more RAM, an amazing camera with flash built in, 4.3-inch qHD displays, 4G compatibility, etc. Basically everything you could want in a dream smartphone. Tag Heuer on the other hand, apart from the expensive materials used for construction, brings to you features that can be found in many entry/mid-ranged Android devices.
Next Story: More Hello Kitty iPhone 4 Cases
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-03-25: Diving deeper into the HTC One (M8)
- 2011-11-17: Panasonic looking to offer smartphones outside of Japan
- 2011-11-15: AT&T announces launch dates for Pantech Pocket, Samsung Doubletime and Captivate Glide
- 2011-10-31: Huawei Deuce dual SIM Android smartphone lands in Australia
- 2011-10-31: Hugo Boss edition of the Samsung Galaxy Ace for the brand conscious