One of the world’s most popular video games of all time, Tetris is now available on yet another platform. Granted we’ve been playing Tetris on our TVs for years but that was with the aid of a console. Oberon Media, the exclusive distributors of the Tetris game for connected TV has just announced the release of the game on Samsung Apps – the world’s first HDTV-based app store for Samsung Smart TVs.
The casual game of clearing blocks for points in a race against blocks from filling up your screen is now available on all Samsung Smart TVs with access to the Samsung Apps app store. This version of Tetris has been optimized for the Samsung Smart TV so you can expect to enjoy the game, that’s known and loved by people all over the world, the way it’s meant to be played.
Unfortunately, the game won’t be free – featuring a $4.99 price tag, but for those of you who want to give the game a shot before putting down any money on it, there’s a free trial to sink your teeth into. It is available now from Samsung Apps.
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2011-10-17: Samsung launches ChatON for Android globally
- 2011-10-12: Samsung TV Apps surpasses 10 million downloads
- 2011-09-20: Samsung Apps celebrates two years with new Apps Store
- 2011-03-24: Samsung Apps store arrives at 100 million downloads
- 2011-03-16: Samsung and HBO join forces to offer HBO GO