Sony promised that the PlayStation Store would be back by the end of this week and it has delivered. According to the official PlayStation blog “a huge lineup of new downloadable games, demos, add-on content, themes, avatars and videos” are now available to satiate customers. PlayStation Plus also received “new full game trials, free games and DLC, free avatars and even more discounts.” For the full list of updated content on the PlayStation store, you can head over to the blog.
One thing customers won’t find in the PlayStation Store yet are those free games in Sony’s “Welcome Back” package. Gamers will have to wait a little longer for those to start popping up. For now, it looks like the last of the PlayStation Network package has finally been restored and we can all move on, and pretend this little fiasco never happened (or that’s what Sony would like us to do).
If you’re getting hit with an error message, your best bet is to keep trying. That can happen when a flock of PlayStation fans all try to log on at once.
- 2014-02-17: PS Plus TV Spot Introduced
- 2014-02-04: Sony PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset Unveiled
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2014-01-21: PlayStation 4 Error CE-34878-0 Being Investigated By Sony
- 2014-01-08: DualShock 3 A Requirement For PlayStation Now Gameplay On Smartphones And Tablets
- 2013-05-21: Sony Begins Testing Improved Video Streaming Service For PlayStation Store
- 2013-03-29: Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories Headed To PSN Next Week
- 2013-03-04: PSN Under Scheduled Maintenance All Day
- 2013-02-26: Sony's PSN Promotion Gives You $10 For Every $50 Spent This Month
- 2011-04-24: Sony "re-building" PlayStation Network for added security