If you’re using the TomTom app on your iPhone, you should update it to the latest version, especially if you’re hoping to enjoy HD traffic updates. The HD traffic updates will basically show up on your map, providing you with congestion data on both “major” and “secondary” roads in the US. If you are a TomTom Traffic subscriber, then you will be able to enjoy this added feature for free, but regular TomTom users will have to fork out an additional $20 for this feature.
According to the press release, the inclusion of their HD traffic updates is part of TomTom’s commitment to their mission, which is to help reduce traffic congestion for everyone. The app will help to reroute users to less congested roads and the traffic situation will be updated every 2 minutes.
Along with the HD traffic update, multi-stop routes and updated maps will be added to the app. Multi-stop routes basically allow the user to select up to five different stop points, which would allow the user to better plan their journey, so for example if you were planning on driving up to a different state, but along the way you wish to stop by a diner for a meal, or perhaps stop by to visit a friend along the way, you can add those stops into TomTom, and the app will configure the best route for you.
- MapQuest Launches Redesigned iPhone, Android App
- Japanese Electric Scooter Uses Your iPhone As A Dashboard
- Apple Patent Wants To Use Your iPhone To Help Find, Start Your Vehicle
- Australian airline company Qantas adds Passbook support for iPhone check-ins
- Siri's Eyes Free feature will be arriving in the Chevy Spark and Sonic