The Toshiba Thrive, as we all know, was already put up for pre-order, but chances are that was done in the midst of excitement of an employee, hence leading to the very high possibility of mistakes in the price quote and specifications. Well, here is something more concrete to stabilize your excitement levels – whispers are going around that the Toshiba Thrive will be the first tablet from the Japanese company to arrive in the US, where real deal pre-orders will start from June 13th onwards at Best Buy amongst other superstores and e-commerce retailers.
Shipping is said to commence from the middle of July onwards, with some even laying claim to the 10th. Here is a quick recap on the Toshiba Thrive – this 10.1″ tablet will feature a resolution of 1,280 x 800 pixels, powered by Android 3.1 Honeycomb with three capacities for you to choose from. We are looking at 8GB, 16GB and 32GB models that will retail for $429, $479 and $579, respectively.
How will this stack up against the iPad 2, and more importantly, how will it fare when you compare it to other Android 3.1-powered tablets?
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba’s MicroSD Memory Cards Are World’s Fastest
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-16: Toshiba Satellite P55t Notebook Launches Next Week
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter
- 2011-07-29: Toshiba Thrive update solves sleep issues
- 2011-07-19: Toshiba knows about Thrive bugs, set to squash it
- 2011-07-17: Toshiba Thrive experiences sleep and reboot bugs
- 2011-07-11: Toshiba Thrive software update arrives
- 2011-06-20: Toshiba Regza tablet delayed in Japan