Don’t you just love rumors? They are a whole lot more juicy to bite into compared to regular press releases, after all, rumors are somewhat the “concept designs” of the news world where anything and everything is possible. One of the latest and possibly, the hottest, rumors concerning Apple’s mystery Wednesday update would be to see the US offer unlocked iPhones. You can tell by the tweet above, where it suggested strongly that the US could receive unlocked iPhone 4 smartphones at Apple stores, coming in both capacities and colors. The model numbers in question would be the MC603, MC604, MC605, and MC606, where they all jive with the GSM versions that are sold abroad but sans the regional suffixes which normally apply to international unlocked phones.
This is just a rumor at the moment, although there does seem to have a very high possibility for it. No idea on whether there will be an unlocked CDMA model or not, as the way such technology is alongside its limited use outside the US makes it difficult to predict.
Would you make a beeline to purchase an unlocked iPhone when it arrives, if ever? Either way, just wait until this Wednesday to find out.
Next Story: Acer Revo RL100 media center arrives at the US
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2011-09-14: iPhone 4 thinner than Samsung Galaxy S2, so says Advertising Standards Authority
- 2011-08-23: Apple's Asian suppliers build cheaper 8GB iPhones
- 2011-08-11: Samsung behind 25% of iPhone 4 parts
- 2011-07-04: Verizon promotion sees cheaper iPhone 4, HTC Thunderbolt
- 2011-04-28: Rumor: Pegatron cuts CDMA iPhone 4 production early