Don’t you just love rumors? They are a whole lot more juicy to bite into compared to regular press releases, after all, rumors are somewhat the “concept designs” of the news world where anything and everything is possible. One of the latest and possibly, the hottest, rumors concerning Apple’s mystery Wednesday update would be to see the US offer unlocked iPhones. You can tell by the tweet above, where it suggested strongly that the US could receive unlocked iPhone 4 smartphones at Apple stores, coming in both capacities and colors. The model numbers in question would be the MC603, MC604, MC605, and MC606, where they all jive with the GSM versions that are sold abroad but sans the regional suffixes which normally apply to international unlocked phones.
This is just a rumor at the moment, although there does seem to have a very high possibility for it. No idea on whether there will be an unlocked CDMA model or not, as the way such technology is alongside its limited use outside the US makes it difficult to predict.
Would you make a beeline to purchase an unlocked iPhone when it arrives, if ever? Either way, just wait until this Wednesday to find out.RELATED
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- iPhone 6 Prototype With 4.9-Inch Screen Being Tested [Rumor]
- Apple Reportedly Buys Kinect-Tech Creator PrimeSense For $345 Million
- Amazon's 2014 Smartphone Rumored To Feature 3D Gestures And Eye Tracking
- WSJ "Confirms" iPhone 5c Orders Being Cut
- Follow: iPhone, iphone 4, iphone4,