So you have got plenty of sensitive data stashed away on your bunch of memory cards – what do you do? There should be a way to transport data from there to a machine in a safe manner, and you can do so with the USB Encryption Card Reader from gadget mavens Brando. What the USB Encryption Card Reader does is enable you to separate your portable storage into Public and Private sections. Whenever you place sensitive data into the protected area, it will require you to input a password. All data inside the area will be encrypted, where it can only be retrieved with this particular model of a card reader and a correct password. No idea on how you are going to retrieve your data if you actually forgot your password though.
Compatible with SD, SDHC, and MMC memory cards, we aren’t too stoked that this model doesn’t run on the USB 3.0 specification, as it maxes out at USB 2.0. Retailing for $23 a pop, this might be worth a look if you tend to do a lot of data transfer. Remember to, er, remember your passwords always!RELATED
- ASUS VivoPC Windows 8-Powered Home Theater PC Now Available
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Man Implants Large Biometric Computer Chip Into His Forearm
- Mimoco BatteryBot Launced On Kickstarter
- Follow: brando, USB,