It seems that an Apple Store employee has blurted out that “Apple has given all the stores a list of serial numbers to scan, if it’s a match we were told to set aside and ship back to Apple, these are only for Verizon ipads (sic). This was to be done on Monday and continue to scan all shipments thru June 11. I had over one hundred to send back.We’ve gotten numerous tips over the past few hours that Verizon iPads being shipped from China are being being returned to Apple mid-shipment. It isn’t certain why they are being returned but they appear to all be Verizon iPads, engraved and shipped via FedEX.”
Do you think that constitutes a product recall? To some it might be, but to others, it might seem as though Apple is rejecting those shipped units, or that the hardware manufacturer itself is not happy with the quality and hence wants to make sure nothing gimped ends up in the hands of the consumers. If you have placed an iPad 2 order with Verizon, what’s your experience so far?
Next Story: Magellan RoadMate 5175T-LM unveiled
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- Rumored iPad Pro Could Be A Hybrid Device Aimed At Enterprise Users
- Rumored 12.9" iPad Pro Could Feature 2K Display With Eye-Tracking Technology
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]