Verizon Wireless and Payfone have just announced that they will be working together to bring a new mobile payment system to Verizon Wireless customers. Though details are scarce at the moment, they mentioned that the service will allow Verizon Wireless customers to make online purchases from their smartphones, tablets and PCs through numerous payment methods, including charging purchases to their monthly wireless statements or using traditional payment methods through financial institution partners.
Other than the vague press release, no more information about the upcoming service was revealed, but it looks like it’s going to be another e-wallet service that could possibly incorporate technology like NFC to make mobile payment more efficient and convenient for Verizon Wireless customers. It sure looks like mobile device payment services are beginning to catch on. Stay tuned for more information.
Next Story: Samsung Chromebook bill of materials costs $322
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2012-05-22: Verizon Jetpack 890L mobile router shipping on May 24
- 2011-03-31: Amazon might be introducing mobile phone payment system
- 2009-12-14: Verizon Outage In Midwest And California?
- 2010-05-11: T-Mobile 4G Network Roll Out