Viewdle, a mobile-focused visual analysis company, has launched its first game based on its face recognition technology and augmented reality, called Third Eye. The game allows real-people to become part of a steampunk-style MMORPG about vampires and slayers. The game will be part of a trilogy, with the first part being focused on recruitment and establishing alliances.
What’s special about the game is that players don’t get to choose sides – the game chooses sides for them with the aid of the phone’s camera. The app takes a photograph of a player’s face, reads the player’s faceprint and then assigns them to join either the vampire or slayer faction. Players can go around their city/town, scanning the faces of people around them to identify them as friend or enemy.
The next two parts of the game will be focused on combat and battles, though it wasn’t elaborated on what it would be like. It sounds like it could be a hit game if a lot of players participate in it. Like all MMOs, the more the merrier – it would be a pretty sad game if there were only two vampires and one slayer in the area where you live in. If you’re interested, get a bunch of your friends to try it out – it’s free after all. Third Eye is available on the Android Market.
Next Story: Mobile Devices Surpass PCs In WiFi Usage
- 2014-01-05: iOptik From Innovega Is An Augmented Reality Contact Lens
- 2013-10-01: Pioneer ND-HUD10 Augmented Reality Heads Up Display
- 2013-08-12: Interactive Augmented Reality Manual By Metaio And Audi
- 2013-03-19: Apple Awarded New Augmented Reality Patent
- 2013-03-12: Golden-i Brings Infrared Vision to Police
- 2011-07-06: Apptoyz appBlaster released with new promo video
- 2011-04-08: Level Up Studios AR shirt has dragons and dancing old men popping out of your chest
- 2011-02-18: AC 310 turns your dollar note into a battlefield
- 2011-02-02: Virtual Master Real lets you fish in your office
- 2011-01-27: AppToyz creates an Augmented Reality iPhone blaster