When XCOM was first released on the PC all those years ago, it opened up games to a whole new generation, as you learnt the value of a turn for each of your particular team members. Not only that, it helped you develop some aspects of preparation since you need to know what to bring with you on a particular mission, not forgetting to achieve a careful balance of your budget as you learn how to manage resources in order to fight against the alien invasion. Well, good news for fans of the XCOM franchise – it will be released as a totally new game next March on the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 platforms.
2K Games will be the publisher, and they have earmarked March 6th next year as the date where you can start to lose sleep and take a day off simply because you need to finish “one more mission”.
The new XCOM will be set in the 1950s, where you play the role of Special Agent William Carter who spearheads the effort in battling the alien menace.
Next Story: Generated sign language works like a charm
- 2013-10-23: XCOM: Enemy Within Gets Game Changing Additions
- 2013-09-02: XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLC “Too Big” For Consoles
- 2013-07-31: XCOM: Enemy Within Title Leaked
- 2013-07-17: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Latest Trailer Shows Squad-Based Gameplay
- 2013-07-09: New Lost Planet 3 Trailer Features A Lot Of Internal Monlogue [Video]
- 2013-05-13: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Gameplay Trailer Gives Just A Taste Of Action
- 2013-05-01: Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Announced To Be Released On November 5
- 2013-04-26: XCOM FPS Becomes 'The Bureau: XCOM Declassified'; Releasing August 20
- 2013-04-25: Skyrim Legendary Edition Coming June 4 To PC, Xbox 360, PS3
- 2013-03-27: Watch 17 Minutes Of Battlefield 4 Gameplay Footage