Not many Android-powered tablets at the moment run on Android 3.1, with most of them being on Android 3.0 Honeycomb. Well, that’s not too much of a loss, as it does not mean the tablet experience is gimped in any way. After all, Android 3.0 Honeycomb is a tablet-specific operating system, and Google has done quite a good job on it. Acer, however, feels that their German friends deserve nothing but the latest in their overture of rolling out an Android 3.1 update for owners of the Acer Iconia Tab A500.
Representatives from Acer Germany have already left a bunch of comments on Facebook, touting that the rollout will be done in phases from today onwards. If you happen to fall under this special category across the pond, be patient – your update is coming in due time if it hasn’t done so already.
As for those of us living Stateside, we’re sad to report that no official word has been issued from Acer concerning an update. Still, we don’t think this is strong enough a reason to pack up your bags and migrate.RELATED
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Starts To Appear On Different Nexus Devices (Unofficial)
- KitKat Devices Feature Android Menu Button By Default
- Additional Nokia Lumia 2020 "Illusionist" Rumors Surface
- Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 410 64-Bit Chipset For $150 Devices
- Microsoft Store 12 Days Of Deals List Leaks Online
- Follow: a500, acer, Android, android 3.1, iconia tab a500,
- Seen at: liliputing