Remember back in April when we reported about Owain Weinert, the 9-year old Leukemia patient who was granted a wish to make his own game? PopCap Games worked together with the boy to develop the game and it looks like everything went well because the game was officially released yesterday. The “side-scrolling shooter of galactic proportions” is now available as a free download on the App Store.
Available for the iPhone, iPod Touch and the iPad, this side-scrolling shooter lets players command a fleet of armed vehicles to take on increasingly difficult enemies and earn cash to purchase more powerful machines. All proceeds made from the game go to the Make A Wish foundation, and judging by initial reviews it looks like it’s going to be a pretty hot app this summer. Check it out and let us know what you think.
Next Story: Apple Mac OS X Lion keyboard spotted
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Messenger Has 200 Million Users
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-21 Mailbox 2.0 For iOS Released
- 2014-04-21 Ultimeyes App Will Help Improve Your Vision
- 2013-08-15 Plants vs. Zombies 2 Now Available On iOS
- 2011-12-14 The Dark Meadow brings survival horror to Android devices next year
- 2011-10-26 The Adventures of Tintin: The Game now on Android
- 2011-09-13 Controversial game Phone Story pulled from the App Store
- 2011-04-29 PopCap Games lets 9 year old boy create his own game