Amazon’s worst kept “secret” – the Android tablet – has been on everybody’s lips for awhile now and with summer already underway, we’re getting closer to the predicted August to October release date of the tablet. And now, according to the latest reports from DigiTimes, suppliers are seeing their sales “move up vigorously in the third quarter of 2011 due to their shipments of IC parts to the supply chain for Amazon’s 7- and 10-inch tablet PCs to be launched in the quarter”.
The online super store is said to be targeting a shipment of 4 million tablets in 2011, which should be the second largest order from the tablet PC sector. It looks like Amazon has faith in the success of its tablets, which should do pretty well considering that they already have the platforms set up to deliver content for them (eBooks, Android Appstore etc) – assuming the tablets don’t turn out to be just a rumor. But until we receive official word from Amazon, stay tuned. Will any of you be keen on purchasing Amazon Android tablets?
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2011-12-22: Amazon allows Wattpad on the Kindle Fire
- 2011-12-22: Kindle Fire: how to prevent automatic updates
- 2011-12-05: Amazon Kindle Fire users complain about WiFi issues
- 2011-11-30: Kindle Fire updated to 6.2
- 2011-11-29: Kindle Fire gets CyanogenMod 7