Android has already captured 39% of the US market share where smartphones are concerned as of June 2011, but bear in mind this is a collective effort on the part of numerous smartphone manufacturers such as HTC, Motorola, and Samsung among others. Apple’s iPhone takes second spot at 28%, while RIM’s BlackBerry stays in third at 20%.
Windows Phone 7 is still very far behind at 9%, while webOS has a paltry 2% – which is the same amount as Symbian. Since Apple is the only iOS company, that would directly place it as the most successful device manufacturer among the rest.
The tide to Android is shifting in its favor, as six months ago, Android commanded 29% of the market share with Apple slightly behind at 27%. Guess more and more people are taking up the Android challenge so to speak – how will things change half a year from now?RELATED
- BlackBerry Interim CEO In It 'For The Long Haul'
- European Commission Gives Its Blessing To Microsoft-Nokia Deal
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Apparently Pegged For April 2014
- Recent Sensor Issues On BlackBerry 10 Devices Were Due To Corrupt Server Data
- Moto X Out Of Stock In The Blink Of An Eye
- Follow: market share,
- Seen at: conceivablytech