As we all know, Amazon has their own Android Appstore, the name of which has been quite controversial as it is quite close to Apple’s App Store. Regardless, it is considered a third party app store for Android users, who may find themselves browsing through their offerings, some of which may not be available in the Android Market. Despite their alternative offerings, the developer Bithack claims the Amazon Appstore to be a disaster, going as far as pulling their game off the Amazon Appstore.
The game is titled “Apparatus” and it is reportedly doing pretty well, ranking number three according to Amazon’s ratings, but due to several issues the developer had regarding the way Amazon ran their store, the game was sadly pulled out.
Bithack’s CEO Emil Romanus claims that difficult lines of communication between customers and developers was one of the reasons he pulled the game out of the Amazon Appstore, the review process for the app was slow and apparently the Appstore did not do a good job of filtering devices that weren’t supported, leading to customers purchasing the game and unable to run it. A more comprehensive and detailed report of his reasoning can be found at Bithack’s website.
We’re guessing that since Amazon is pretty new to the app market, they will continue making changes, hopefully in time they will be on par with Android Market in terms of apps offered as well as support for developers.
- 2014-04-23 XCOM: Enemy Unknown Android Version Coming Soon
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2013-12-24 Get Free $5 Amazon Appstore Credit With Any App Download Through December 28
- 2012-11-20 Update Your Amazon Appstore If You Have Android 4.2
- 2012-03-15 Amazon Appstore turns one
- 2012-01-05 Qualcomm Snapdragon GameCommand to launch next week
- 2011-12-01 FIFA 12 is exclusive for the Xperia Play until February 2012