Need to argue with your friends about the success of Apple’s App Store? If the number of apps available on the App Store isn’t enough, how about the number of downloads instead? Apple has just announced that as of today, over 15 billion apps have been downloaded from the App Store. With over 200 million iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users worldwide, and 425,000 apps available on the app store it’s no surprise this milestone didn’t take too long to reach after hitting 10 billion app downloads in January.
With apps ranging from medical aids to silly puzzle games – there really is an app for almost everyone out there. Apple has also announced that it has paid developers over $2.5 billion to date. While we don’t know who has made the most money from the App Store, we do know that it’s not a bad choice to develop for the iOS platform if you plan on boarding it. Just make sure you have a plan for getting your app noticed amongst the thousands available!
- 2013-02-28: Comcast Offers Glimpse Into Copyright Alert System Messages
- 2013-02-26: ISPs Adopt Alert System To Warn Users of Illegal Downloads
- 2011-12-02: Tetris for iOS re-released
- 2011-11-21: Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0's keyboard now available for download
- 2011-11-02: Meet The Tweet lets you follow Twitter feeds without an account
- 2011-11-02: Gmail app for iOS devices now official (updated)
- 2011-10-19: gMusic brings Google Music to iOS devices
- 2011-09-12: Angry Birds downloaded over 350 million times
- 2011-07-07: Apple App Store hits 15 billion downloads
- 2011-06-03: DermoMap HD lets you use your iOS device to identify skin problems