It seems that on Monday, MacRumors confirmed that Apple stores had received the Golden Master version of OS X Lion. While this may be good news as it might indicate that retail versions of the operating system, along with the refresh of hardware for certain Mac computers might be imminent, it certainly does not confirm the rumors of a Wednesday launch that many seem to be reporting.
It seems that the version of OS X Lion that had been shipped to Apple stores was meant for demo computers. So while we may or may not be seeing the hardware refresh and software launch this Wednesday, we can at least safely say that Apple is indeed one step closer to getting ready for it.
Many have also speculated that the launch of OS X Lion will be in conjunction with the hardware refresh, which some have attributed to the reason why the MacBook Airs, Macbooks and Mac Pros have been delayed. Since Wednesday is only a day away, I guess we won’t have to wait too long to find out if those rumors are true.
Next Story: LulzSec is back and hacks into The Sun's website
- 2013-10-24 Apple Starts Selling OS X Lion And Mountain Lion Via Their Online Store
- 2013-06-09 WWDC 2013 Announcements: Speculation And Rumor Roundup
- 2013-04-09 Apple To Release Revamped Macbook Lineup In Q2
- 2012-09-11 OS X 10.8.2 will return MacBook battery life back to OS X Lion levels
- 2012-06-05 Apple rumored to refresh the majority of its Mac computers at WWDC
- 2012-04-19 Apple Gives Away Snow Leopard for MobileMe Users to Get Onto iCloud
- 2011-11-11 Mac OS X Lion adoption seems to have plateaued according to report
- 2011-09-15 iMessage coming to OS X Lion?
- 2011-07-20 Are these the specs of the upcoming refresh of the MacBook Air? (Updated)
- 2011-07-12 Upcoming generation of MacBook Air to bring back the backlit keyboard?