It seems that on Monday, MacRumors confirmed that Apple stores had received the Golden Master version of OS X Lion. While this may be good news as it might indicate that retail versions of the operating system, along with the refresh of hardware for certain Mac computers might be imminent, it certainly does not confirm the rumors of a Wednesday launch that many seem to be reporting.
It seems that the version of OS X Lion that had been shipped to Apple stores was meant for demo computers. So while we may or may not be seeing the hardware refresh and software launch this Wednesday, we can at least safely say that Apple is indeed one step closer to getting ready for it.
Many have also speculated that the launch of OS X Lion will be in conjunction with the hardware refresh, which some have attributed to the reason why the MacBook Airs, Macbooks and Mac Pros have been delayed. Since Wednesday is only a day away, I guess we won’t have to wait too long to find out if those rumors are true.RELATED
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- OS X Mavericks' Overall Market Share Continues To Grow
- Jony Ive Designed (RED) Mac Pro Fetches $977,000 At Auction
- Several Late 2013 Retina MacBook Pro Owners Complain About Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues
- Historic Apple II DOS Source Code Can Now Be Downloaded
- Follow: mac pro, macbook, os x lion,
- Seen at: macrumors