If you want one of the more creative and zany looking vehicles in your garage, then you need not look very far with Arcimoto’s SRK. This is an electrical vehicle which is currently a fifth-generation prototype that features front-wheel drive to get you going, although the range isn’t going to impress anyone as you will have to plan your travels within a 40-mile radius – and that’s only one way, of course. You won’t be able to smoke any other sports cars out there either let alone a family saloon with a top speed of 65 miles per hour.
Using lead acid batteries to keep the cost down at $17,500, folks who want something far more powerful will have to fork out even more for lithium packs that in turn, doubles the range. It takes around 6 hours to juice up the Arcimoto SRK at 110 volts, but on a 220 volt system, it shaves down that amount of time to just two hours.
Carrying only two people at most, this might be the perfect fun date car, no?
- 2013-12-23: Electric Vehicles Predicted To Become More Popular In 2040
- 2013-09-09: Qualcomm In Formula E: Advise And Integrate Technology
- 2013-08-06: Road-Powered Electric Vehicle Network In South Korea Debuts
- 2013-07-01: Generation Solar Powered Electric Vehicle
- 2013-03-04: ELF: Hybrid Solar / Pedal Vehicle by Organic Transit
- 2011-11-04: Kiira EV is first electric car from Uganda
- 2011-10-28: Humanix places airbags on the outside
- 2011-10-17: Electric DeLorean coming your way
- 2011-09-30: Nissan mobility concept ready to land in Japan
- 2011-09-29: Morgan and Zytek work on high performance electric vehicle