Since we all know that slim has been in for the longest time now, ranging from female underwear and bikini models all the way to consumer electronics, so what’s new about Asus and their U46SV notebook? Well, we would say that this particular model sports the thinnest 14″ notebook panel that is currently available in the market – we are looking at just 5.5mm of thickness. With a slim bezel around the display, this will help with weight reduction that translates to easier portability, helping you conserve material while enhancing your viewing experience.
The new Asus U46SV will run off a 2nd generation Intel Core processor, coupled with a discrete Nvidia GeForce GT 540M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR3 video memory so that upscale visuals and detailed gaming are a possibility. Not only that, it remains future proof to a certain extent thanks to USB 3.0 connectivity, although we have no idea how much it will cost at the moment. Is the thinness of a notebook a major criteria for you before you drop some serious coin on the purchase?
- 2014-04-10 ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27 AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24 ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23 ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2011-11-03 Asus U24E hits Japan with i5 processor at a bargain price
- 2011-09-20 Asus U46SV-DH51 up for pre-order
- 2011-07-15 ASUS G74SX – redefining gaming notebooks
- 2011-07-05 ASUS teams up with actor Jay Chou on the special edition N43SL notebook
- 2011-04-07 Asus Lamborghini VX7 notebook now comes in black