The BlackBerry Torch 2 is said to carry the proverbial torch (pardon the pun) for RIM (Research In Motion) as the company isn’t exactly doing gangbusters right now. It is hoped that this upcoming smartphone will be able to inject some excitement into the smartphone community by virtue of being a new BlackBerry device after a long time, not to mention the introduction of a new operating system version – the BlackBerry 7 OS.
Well, we’re glad to announce that the BlackBerry Torch 2 is more or less very close to a public release, since it has arrived at the FCC. It has made an appearance there, sporting the model number RDM71UW. FCC filings point towards GSM 850 and 1900 bands, WCDMA bands II and V support – which translates to an AT&T debut if we are not mistaken.
Other hardware specifications are unknown, although leaks do point towards a 1.2GHz processor, 768MB RAM, and 8GB of internal memory. Hopefully August will see an official announcement for the Torch 2.RELATED
- Huawei Glory 4 Or Honor 4 Could Be Introduced Next Week
- Forbes: Windows Phone Could Overtake iOS In Due Time
- Olloclip Macro 3-In-1 Photo Lens
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Heyday App Creates A Journal Of Your Life Without Your Input
- Follow: blackberry, FCC,
- Seen at: wirelessgoodness