AT&T has finally announced the HTC Status on an official basis – with many peering for a concrete release date, and they have not been disappointed. The HTC Status’ pre-orders is available from today onwards, where it is tipped to arrive at AT&T stores this coming July 17th. Yup, if you have nothing to do this coming Sunday and want an official Facebook phone, then why not hang out at an AT&T store this coming weekend and start updating your Facebook status using the aptly named smartphone?
Needless to say, just like any other smartphone release these days that are tied down to a mobile carrier’s contract, the HTC Status will be accompanied by a standard 2-year service agreement with a rather affordable $50 price tag. AT&T seems to be targeting the youth market with the HTC Status, as they apparently make up a huge chunk of the social network market as well.
How do you think the HTC Status will fare in the long run? We think that higher end models will still dominate the excitement factor in terms of news, as folks are always more interested in the best of the crop compared to the mediocre. Fire away in the comments if you disagree.
- 2014-04-24 HTC One (M8) All-In-One Toolkit Performs Near Automatic Rooting
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-02-23 HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-01-30 AT&T HTC One X Android 4.2 Update Released
- 2013-10-09 AT&T HTC One Android 4.3 Update Now Rolling Out
- 2013-10-07 AT&T HTC One Receiving Android 4.3 Update October 8
- 2013-08-15 AT&T's HTC 8X Reportedly Receiving GDR2 Update