Bang & Olufsen has announced a spanking new surround sound system for the sleek and stylish BMW 6 Series Convertible, where it will be made available at dealer showrooms later this autumn. With this superb surround sound system, expect your ears to be blasted by 1,000 watts of pure power via its dozen active loudspeakers, making sure you can cruise down the street in style – while cranking up the volume.
The five tweeters will be paired to a mid-range loudspeaker, letting them deliver a homogeneous loudspeaker set-up. As for the two potent subwoofers, they are located under the front seats which are directly mounted to the body of the car. This is a BMW-patented design that does away with vibrations from the subwoofers, resulting in an even cleaner sound performance. Needless to say, the patented Bang & Olufsen Acoustic Lens Technology will also do its part, helping distribute sound horizontally with 180º of dispersion, resulting in what B&O touts to be the best possible acoustic experience.
Now’s a great time to get a 6 Series if you can afford one – your ears will thank you for it, although you might regret losing out on the growl of the engine while listening to your favorite tunes thumping in the background.
Next Story: Motorola XT316 goes through FCC again
- 2013-04-10: Bang & Olufsen Unveil BeoPlay H3 And H6 Headphones
- 2013-01-08: Next-gen In-Car Audio System Concept Revealed By B&O, Audi And Fraunhofer IIS
- 2013-01-08: Bang & Olufsen built-in sound system - BeoLab 15, BeoLab 16
- 2013-01-08: Bang & Olufsen BeoLab 12 Digital Speakers Collection
- 2012-11-06: ASUS unveils MX279H and MX239H monitors with embedded Bang & Olufsen speakers
- 2012-05-05: B&O PLAY launches BeoPlay A3, iPad Sound System – Hands On
- 2012-01-11: Bang & Olufsen BeoSound 5 digital music system demo
- 2012-01-10: Bang & Olufsen Beolit 12 portable audio system