We know that Apple’s App Store is the 800 lbs gorilla that is pretty happy remaining where it is – right at the top, having surpassed the 15 billion download mark (and still counting) last week. If you were the competition, would you be discouraged as such a lofty figure remains out of reach? I guess that must be what RIM executives are feeling at the moment – the BlackBerry App World has just touched the one billion mark in terms of downloads after being made public a couple of years ago across 100 countries.
While comparing it to the Apple App Store might seem to be unfair, if you take the BlackBerry App World’s achievement on its own, it would be quite impressive. In fact, the App World now averages around three million downloads each day, and one can only hope that such a figure will grow in due time – perhaps with the launch of the new BlackBerry Bold 9900?
- 2014-04-21 BlackBerry Classic Pegged For November Release
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry's CEO "Really Likes" The Idea Tablet
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry 10.3 Early Build Shown Off On Video
- 2014-04-16 BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15 BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2012-07-06 BlackBerry App World hits 3 billion downloads
- 2011-11-30 BlackBerry App World gets new content ratings
- 2011-09-06 BlackBerry App World 3.0 officially released
- 2011-02-02 BlackBerry App World updated to 2.1
- 2010-09-08 BlackBerry App World Hits 10,000 Apps