Cowon’s D3 portable media player has finally been updated to reach Android 2.3 Gingerbread, helping it keep up its pace with the rest of the Android-powered devices in the market at the moment. This is interesting as the D3 has long remained in Android 2.1 Eclair territory, so if you still rock to a Cowon D3, then this is the update for you after patiently waiting for the longest time. Apart from the usual fixes that Gingerbread brings to the table such as a faster device which results in it being more responsive not to mention more stable overall, Cowon has also thrown into the mix added functionality such as a sleep timer, plug-in codec support, search widget, and VoIP support amongst others.
Go on, what are you waiting for? Cowon D3 owners who have already updated their device, are you happy with it, or do you think that more could be done? To know more about the Cowon D3, hit up its specifications here.
- 2013-12-10: Xbox One System Update Handles Multiplayer, SmartGlass Issues
- 2013-11-19: PS4 System Software Update 1.51 On Its Way
- 2013-10-25: Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Patch 1.1 Solves Lumiose City Save Bug
- 2013-09-01: Nexus 7 JSS15Q Update Fails To Fix All Touchscreen Issues
- 2013-06-18: PS3 4.45 Update Locks Up Certain Consoles
- 2011-11-03: LG Optimus 2X finally gets the Gingerbread update
- 2011-10-28: Sony Ericsson to roll out Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread updates for Xperia devices globally
- 2011-08-04: myTouch 4G and G2 get Gingerbread update at T-Mobile stores
- 2011-07-28: T-Mobile G2 finally receives Gingerbread
- 2011-07-26: T-Mobile G2X finally receives Gingerbread today