Folks who want can’t wait to play Battlefield 3 will be stoked to know that EA has just shared some new details about testing for the upcoming game. First there will be an Alpha trial that will be accessible only through invites that will be given out through social network platforms. The Alpha trial will mainly be focused on server-related stress tests, so don’t expect many changes to be happening to the gameplay at this point. In order to qualify for an Alpha invite, you’ll have to register for the EA newsletter and you have to make sure that your Veteran status is up to date.
After the alpha test is over, EA will be launching the Battlefield 3 public beta in September. People who recently purchased Medal of Honor : Limited Edition have received an email confirming that they will be able to participate in the beta test, but there is no word of its exact start date yet. With the game scheduled to be released on October 25th, it shouldn’t be too far into the month of September, so start clearing your month of any activities. Anybody excited yet?
- 2014-04-11: EA Looking To Transition Older Battlefield Titles From GameSpy's Servers
- 2014-04-03: Battlefield 4: Naval Strike Will See General Release On 15 April
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-30: EA Origin Service To Go 100% Digital From April Onwards
- 2014-03-19: EA Reportedly Secures Publishing Rights For Titanfall 2 [Rumor]
- 2013-10-31: Battlefield 3 Player Uses Military Terms During Match For A Hilarious Experience
- 2013-09-27: Battlefield 4 PC Beta Will Only Support 64-Bit Machines
- 2012-03-28: Battlefield 3 1.04 update crashes PS3
- 2011-09-29: Battlefield 3 Open Beta now live
- 2011-09-27: Battlefield 3 Beta goes live today