Having had your fair share of hot dogs and grilled burgers, how about keeping the appetite for rumors of new and upcoming smartphones satiated? Here’s the latest snippet that we managed to discover – it seems that the Droid Bionic will be headed to Verizon Wireless exactly one month from now – this goes down nicely with the Q3 window which was talked about before.
Interestingly enough, an August 4th release date would be just seven months down the road since the Bionic was announced back at CES earlier this year, and perhaps the time period in between would have resulted in better hardware components thrown into the mix, in addition to updated software. Keep your fingers crossed that Android 2.3 Gingerbread will be a given right out of the box, so that you need not wait for a software update to arrive.
Bear in mind that launch dates are always subject to change, as you can never quite tell just when the world might experience some sort of upheaval to throw a spanner in the works. So far, August 4th does seem pretty concrete.
- 2013-04-15 Motorola DROID Bionic Begins Receiving Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-04-05 Motorola DROID Bionic Owners Reportedly Receiving Invitations To Test Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update
- 2012-10-19 Android 4.0 ICS for Motorola Droid Bionic rolling out today
- 2012-10-11 Motorola Droid Bionic soak test indicates impending Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-06-22 Android 4.0.4 ICS leaked for the Droid Bionic
- 2011-09-09 DROID Bionic extended battery doesn't look too bad
- 2011-09-02 Motorola DROID Bionic starts arriving at Verizon stores
- 2011-07-12 Motorola Droid Bionic sign-up page on Verizon
- 2011-07-06 Motorola Droid Bionic redesign spotted in leak
- 2011-04-27 Droid Bionic coming your way in new form factor