PopCap Games can be said to be a story of rags to riches (to a certain extent, of course), where the three founders actually failed to succeed in their application for a credit card for their company, Sexy Action Cool. Of course, providence would have it that they survived the 2000 crash, and after implementing the “try before you buy” system which moved over 50 million copies of “Bejeweled,” PopCap Games as it was known afterwards ended up as one of the tech community’s most prized possessions.
It has been a long journey, and now gaming giant Electronic Arts (EA) has picked up PopCap Games for a cool $1.3 bullion – now that is a whole lot of money. For that kind of moolah, EA will in turn gain an instantly strong presence on Facebook as well as the iOS platform.
Another Seattle success story that does not involve coffee this time around – we like that.RELATED
- World Of Warcraft Movie Cast List Revealed
- EA To Halt Future Battlefield 4 DLCs Until The Game Is Fixed
- Gran Turismo 6 Microtransactions Cost Detailed
- ID@Xbox Self-Publishing Program Kicks Off Early Next Year
- Peggle 2 Headed To Xbox One December 9
- Follow: ea, electronic arts, popcap games,
- Seen at: seattletimes.nwsource