I like Fujifilm as they take things one step at a time. Instead of looking forward to be No. 1 in the camera world, they are just targeting the immediate ceiling – which eventually, will bring them to the top of the heap. Currently in 5th place where camera manufacturers are concerned, they now aim to be world No. 3 in two years’ time, assuming they meet the target of going up by a notch in March 2011. Of course, this would mean two luminary names will have to take a drop in rankings, with Samsung first followed by Nikon.
Could Fujifilm do it? They are, after all, most famous for their range of highly affordable models, but to make the jump in rankings might see Fujifilm re-enter the more lucrative interchangeable lens camera market that it withdrew back in 2004.
In order to achieve this, they will be looking at a mirrorless camera rollout that sports an electronic viewfinder, helping it be lighter and more compact compared to a professional-style single-lens reflex camera. Do you think that Fujifilm’s efforts will bear fruit in a couple of years’ time?RELATED
- Nikon Wins Injunction Against The Polaroid iM1836
- Lightstrap Turns Your iPhone Into A Flash Ring
- Canon EOS M2 Might Be A Japan-Only Release For Now
- Star Wars Starts An Instagram Account, Posts A Darth Vader Selfie
- Canon EOS M2 Announced With Improved AF System
- Follow: camera, digital camera, Fujifilm,
- Seen at: reuters