If you are a longtime fan of Google Maps Navigation to help you get around, then you would be thrilled to hear that Google Maps 5.7 for Android is now available via an update, throwing in Transit Navigation (still in Beta) that will make sure GPS turn-by-turn navigation is now available in public transit systems across more than 400 cities worldwide.
Apart from that, navigation alerts will also appear even when you switch to a different application – how neat is that? This makes sure you can always enjoy other apps on your Android-powered phone without losing your way around.
To sweeten the deal, you can also download maps for offline use – now that’s a big deal, especially for moments when you do not want to pay for data usage in unfamiliar territory. Just make sure your device runs on Android 2.1 Eclair and above if you want to take advantage of this update.RELATED
- Zagat Update Brings New Tablet UI And More
- Google Maps On iOS Can Now Find Your Flight, Hotel, Restaurant Reservations
- Google Maps iOS And Android Apps Updated With Gmail Integration
- 5.5 Inch LG Gx Smartphone Rumored
- Sony Xperia Z1s Goes Through The FCC
- Follow: Google, google maps, GPS,
- Seen at: googleblog.blogspot