Have an Android-powered smartphone? Chances are you would have had your fair share of Google apps running on the handset by now, and to wean you off it would be akin to cutting off your arm. Well, we are pleased to report that Google has just updated Google Maps for Android to version 5.8, where Places and Latitude will receive updates such as the ability to uploads photos for a Place, or manage the Places you’ve been to and viewed in an easier manner, place far more descriptive terms for Places in search results, as well as including a new Place on-the-go when checking in.
The improvement for My Places is now available on the mobile platform after it was introduced on the desktop version back in June. This means descriptive terms will appear in search results for Places, letting you know just what businesses are ‘known for,’ or rather, their signature dishes so that you have a better idea before arriving instead of being (un)pleasantly surprised by their menu choice.
As long as your Android device is running on Android 2.1 Eclair and above, it ought to be good for a download.RELATED
- BBM Used For Customer Service In The Middle East
- Nokia Lumia 1320 Spotted At The FCC
- Android 4.3 Roll Out For International Galaxy S3 Resumes
- Galaxy Nexus CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat Stable Unofficial ROM Released
- Assassin's Creed: Pirates Released For Android, iOS And Kindle Fire
- Follow: Android, Google, google maps, latitude, places,
- Seen at: googlemobile.blogspot