I’m sure there are plenty of us who constantly get bombarded by app requests from friends and family to play this game or to play that game. At one point in time Farmville, Poker and Mafia Wars invites seemed to occur on a daily basis. It was also through these games that Zynga got famous and opened up the floodgates to a whole new world of social network gaming.
As we all know, Google has launched their very own social network, Google+, and in a matter of weeks, they have managed to gain over 20 million users. A pretty impressive figure in such a short amount of time and it’s really to nobody’s surprise that they are now planning to add games to their social network via Games Stream.
While it is unclear as to how Google+ will approach gaming on their new network, it has been no secret that Google have been acquiring game developers such as Slide and SocialDeck ever since last year, so it will be exciting to see what they can come up with.
For starters it appears that they have been getting feedback from Facebook users as to how they may improve their game services, for example the separation of notifications, which has constantly polluted the news feed on other social networking websites. If anything, perhaps the inclusion of an even more superior gaming service will be able to persuade more Facebook users to make the jump.
- 2014-04-16: Google Offering $100,000 For Best Project Ara Module
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-16: Google Develops Algorithm That Can Decipher Its Own CAPTCHAs
- 2014-04-16: Google Launches Standalone Camera App For Android
- 2014-04-16: Chrome Remote Desktop Hits Mobile Devices
- 2012-03-28: Google+ Hangout Apps Finally Ready for Use
- 2012-01-20: White House gets own Google+ page
- 2011-12-28: Google+ zips past 62 million users
- 2011-12-26: Google Circles: a new social push from Google, coming up?
- 2011-12-02: Alibaba to launch its own Google+ like social network