Is there anything that Google can’t do? Google has just announced on its official blog that it can tell users if their computers have been infected by malware. If you’re performing a search on Google and notice a large yellow box on the top of the screen telling you that “Your computer appears to be infected”, then there’s probably some unwanted software on your computer that could possibly be causing harm.
Besides issuing users the warning about malware, Google is also kind enough to provide links to resources to help them get rid of the problem. While there’s no guarantee they’ll detect 100% of all malware, or if the solutions they present can help, it’s a lot better than having no warning at all. I guess they’re also giving consumers one more reason to use its search engine over its competitors. I wonder if the rest will follow suit. Find out more at the Google Blog.
Next Story: Ear MIKI concept earphones don't tangle
- Netflix Tech Support Scam After Users' Login Credentials
- Teen's Facebook Update Cost Her Father $80,000
- U.S. Google Search Will Now Show Restaurant Menus In Results
- Copyright Protectors Targeting Billboard Top 100 Charts Downloaders With Automated Fines
- 146K Indiana University Students' Personal Data Exposed