The Griffin StompBox that was announced earlier this year will be going on sale today. StompBox is an accessory designed to work with Frontier Design’s iShred LIVE app. The combination of the StompBox and the app turns your iOS device into a fully functioning multi-effects pedal for your musical instrument (guitar, keyboard, bass, electric violin etc) that you can use for live performances or recording sessions.
StompBox gives musicians the ability to control different effects within the app on the fly, just by stomping on the foot switches found on the aptly named device. Each switch can be assigned to control different effects in the app. It also has a ¼” jack that users can plug in their own variable input pedals (volume or wah-wah) to enhance the abilities of the StompBox.
The StompBox comes with a 1m heavy duty dock connector cable for you to plug into your iOS device and a GuitarConnect cable that can simultaneously connect to your iOS device, instrument and audio output (headphones, PA or amp). The StompBox is available now from Apple Retail Stores, online and from Griffin’s website. It will set you back $99.99 while the iShred LIVE App is available for free from the Apple Store.
Next Story: Onkyo announces remote control app for Android
- 2014-01-16: Apple FaceTime Invention Boasts Of Face Morphing And Image Matching To Ensure That Video Remains Smooth
- 2014-01-09: iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-12-17: Apple Patents 'Desk-Free' Computer
- 2013-12-11: Apple Awarded Patent For Curved Screens
- 2013-12-08: Apple Spent $60 Million Fighting Samsung In Court
- 2011-12-02: Tetris for iOS re-released
- 2011-11-02: Meet The Tweet lets you follow Twitter feeds without an account
- 2011-11-02: Gmail app for iOS devices now official (updated)
- 2011-10-19: gMusic brings Google Music to iOS devices
- 2011-10-12: Twitter fully integrated into iOS 5