We all know that HTC is working on releasing unlocked bootloaders since May this year, but very little else is known about their efforts since then. Nice to know that HTC has finally issued an updated statement on the situation, promising that they will start rolling out unlocked bootloaders to a bunch of select smartphones from August onwards, starting off with the global HTC Sensation, with the HTC Sensation 4G on T-Mobile and the HTC EVO 3D on Sprint. Here’s what they have to say about it.
We’re thrilled to announce today that software updates to support bootloader unlocking will begin rolling out in August for the global HTC Sensation, followed by the HTC Sensation 4G on T-Mobile USA and the HTC EVO 3D on Sprint. We’re in the testing phase for the unlocking capability now, and we expect it to be fully operational by early September for devices that have received the software updates. We’ll continue rolling out the unlocking capability over time to other devices as part of maintenance releases and new shipments.
HTC continues its commitment to unlocking bootloaders and supporting the developer community. Because of the importance of this community to us, please expect an update on this about every few weeks as we make progress toward launch. Thank you for your patience and continued support!
If only HTC could be more specific as to the kind of smartphones that will receive such capabilities in addition to a more concrete release date.RELATED
- Cut The Rope 2 Launching Exclusively On iOS Dec. 19
- LG Optimus G Android 4.4 KitKat Begins Rolling Out For Some Users
- Conan O'Brien Uses Lyft App To Take Kevin Hart, Ice Cube Around Town
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- India Courts Allows Nokia To Transfer Chennai Factory Assets To Microsoft
- Follow: Bootloader, evo 3d, HTC, sensation, sensation 4g,
- Seen at: facebook