It looks like Samsung isn’t the one with a high-resolution device in the works. HTC seems to have its own high-res phone up its sleeves as well, and an impressive one at that. The Taiwanese company is said to be releasing the world’s first phone that features a 720p resolution. Called the HTC Vigor, this top-of-the-line Android phone still remains unannounced, but recent benchmark scores and leaked specs tell us what we need to know about the phone.The HTC Vigor (model number: ADR6425LVW) will feature a 1280 x 720 display (720p HD), a 1.5GHz Qualcomm Adreno GPU and the Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread operating system. As of now it’s unconfirmed whether it will be packing a dual-core processor, but seeing how all top Android phones are packing them we wouldn’t be surprised. Not forgetting – a phone capable of displaying visuals in 720p will need a pretty powerful processor to keep it chugging along smoothly. The HTC Vigor is also headed to Verizon – hopefully with 4G LTE connectivity.
Other than the NenaMark benchmark above (which can be spoofed) and a trademark application for the name Vigor way back in 2009, we don’t have anything solid so don’t get your hopes too high. But stay tuned and we’ll keep you posted.
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2011-11-07: HTC Rezound unboxed
- 2011-11-03: HTC Rezound officially announced
- 2011-11-03: HTC Rezound official press shots leaked
- 2011-10-31: HTC Rezound spotted in Verizon ad
- 2011-10-19: HTC Rezound renders spotted