Iceland has a pop star, Kali, who like Lady Gaga, is known for her outrageous costumes, so instead of dressing up in dress that has been made out of meat, she has instead decided to put on a dress that is not only less of an eye-sore, but is also composed out of QR codes, which she claims will allow fans to better connect with her.
Kali had designer Thorunn Arnadottir come up with this dress that has a beaded QR code and was christened the “QR U?” It was apparently inspired by African bead work but instead uses Swarovski crystals for the QR code design which can actually be detected by devices capable of scanning QR codes, such as smartphones.
The QR codes link back to sites and videos that relate to Steed Lord, the music group that Kali is part of. After all, if fans are going to take your photos anyway, why not add a whole new level to it, and give them more than what they bargained for. Now if only Lady Gaga would put on something just as useful.
Next Story: Jabra STONE2 now on sale
- 2014-04-07: Pykmax Gives The Humble Guitar Pick An Ergonomic Makeover
- 2014-04-01: Sony Bundles Michael Jackson's "XSCAPE" Album With Xperia Z2
- 2014-03-31: John Frusciante Launches His New Music Album Into Space
- 2014-03-31: Obamacare Website Down For A While Before Enrollment Deadline
- 2013-11-07: Microsoft Demonstrates Xbox One Kinect QR Code Redemption [Video]
- 2013-07-02: Xbox One Kinect Will Recognize Redeemable QR Codes
- 2013-06-24: QR Codes On Sushi Provide Customers With Additional Information About Their Food
- 2013-05-28: Mercedes-Benz Is Hoping These QR Codes Will Help Save Lives
- 2013-02-25: MasterCard MasterPass Helps You Buy Stuff Without Needing A Register
- 2009-07-13: Shazam Available for BlackBerry