Iceland has a pop star, Kali, who like Lady Gaga, is known for her outrageous costumes, so instead of dressing up in dress that has been made out of meat, she has instead decided to put on a dress that is not only less of an eye-sore, but is also composed out of QR codes, which she claims will allow fans to better connect with her.
Kali had designer Thorunn Arnadottir come up with this dress that has a beaded QR code and was christened the “QR U?” It was apparently inspired by African bead work but instead uses Swarovski crystals for the QR code design which can actually be detected by devices capable of scanning QR codes, such as smartphones.
The QR codes link back to sites and videos that relate to Steed Lord, the music group that Kali is part of. After all, if fans are going to take your photos anyway, why not add a whole new level to it, and give them more than what they bargained for. Now if only Lady Gaga would put on something just as useful.RELATED
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Twitter Quietly Removes Option To Direct Messaging Anyone
- 'Selfie' Becomes The Word Of The Year For 2013
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Facebook For Android Updated With TV Show Reminders
- Follow: cameras, music, qr code, smartphones, website,
- Seen at: news.cnet