We covered news last Friday concerning Apple’s release of iOS 4.3.4, where it was said to patch up the PDF security vulnerability which allowed JailbreakMe.com to play nice, having received a tethered jailbreak within hours – yup, talk about working at the speed of light! It seems that where untethered jailbreak is concerned, things work out differently – at least that is what popular developer i0n1c says.
i0n1c is also known by his real name, Stefan Esser, who recently tweeted that an untethered jailbreak solution for iOS 4.3.4 will not be on the way in due time. There is a reason to this though, as Apple actually supposedly patched the flaw that was exploited by Redsn0w which paved the way for untethered jailbreak on iOS 4.3.x.
“In a way it is nice to see that Apple instead of merely fixing vulns add more mitigation checks. But for jailbreakers this suxx”, tweeted i0n1c. Do you agree with his observation?
Next Story: Vitaminwater juices up your thirsty handsets
- 2014-03-26: Video Shows Jailbroken iPad Triple Booting iOS 5, iOS 6, and iOS 7
- 2014-03-23: iOS 7.1 Untethered Jailbreak Shown Off On Video
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-10: Untethered iOS 7.1 Jailbreak Not Possible
- 2014-02-05: iOS 7.1 Beta 5 Closes More Jailbreak Exploits
- 2011-04-14: Apple iOS 4.3.2 tethered jailbreak released
- 2011-04-04: PwnageTool 4.3: untethered iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak released