Boy, was that fast. We just reported about iOS 5 beta 3 being made available to developers recently, and here we are with news that it has already been jailbroken – thanks to the iPhone Dev-Team, as usual. This merry group has confirmed that a Sn0wbreeze update is available that will support jailbreaking on that particular build. At the moment, it will remain tethered with the iPad 2 being left out of the loop, but for folks who have the intestinal fortitude can just get cracking by checking out the links here and here.
For those who are not in the know, just what the heck is this thing called “jailbreaking“? To put it in a nutshell, it is the process of “removing the limitations imposed by Apple on devices” as long as they are powered by the iOS operating system. This allows more flexibilities, and sometimes, opens up vulnerabilities as well although a recent event has shown that it might be a lifesaver in the event of a security breach.
Next Story: Cryptex combo USB flash drive
- Apple Reportedly Speeds Up Hiring In Asia To Expedite Product Launches
- 8 Megapixel iPhone 6 Camera With f/2.0 Aperture And OIS Rumored
- iPhone 5s Retains Consumer Interest As iPhone 5c Struggles
- Apple Announces CarPlay, Integrates iOS Into Vehicles
- Apple Reportedly Pressuring Music Labels For Exclusive Releases