Boy, was that fast. We just reported about iOS 5 beta 3 being made available to developers recently, and here we are with news that it has already been jailbroken – thanks to the iPhone Dev-Team, as usual. This merry group has confirmed that a Sn0wbreeze update is available that will support jailbreaking on that particular build. At the moment, it will remain tethered with the iPad 2 being left out of the loop, but for folks who have the intestinal fortitude can just get cracking by checking out the links here and here.
For those who are not in the know, just what the heck is this thing called “jailbreaking“? To put it in a nutshell, it is the process of “removing the limitations imposed by Apple on devices” as long as they are powered by the iOS operating system. This allows more flexibilities, and sometimes, opens up vulnerabilities as well although a recent event has shown that it might be a lifesaver in the event of a security breach.
Next Story: Cryptex combo USB flash drive
- 2012-09-20 Google says iOS Google Maps in App Store hopefully "before Christmas"
- 2012-02-15 Siri does Japanese language now?
- 2012-01-18 Whited00r installs iOS 5 on original iPhone, 3G, and iPod touch without jailbreak
- 2012-01-17 iOS 5.1 Beta 3 code makes references to iPad 3 and Facebook
- 2011-12-27 iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak released
- 2011-11-10 Panorama camera mode achieved sans jailbreak
- 2011-08-22 iOS 5 beta 6 jailbroken
- 2011-08-09 Apple iOS 5 beta 6 coming this August 17th
- 2011-08-08 iOS 5 beta shows off speech-to-text feature
- 2011-07-11 Apple iOS 5 beta 3 pushed out to developers