There is a new rumor that is making its way around town, concerning one of the potentially hottest gizmos to date, the iPhone. Yes sir, we are talking about the fifth generation iPhone here, and compared to all the other previous generations, it seems that this rumor claims the iPhone 5 will play nice with all national carriers, so you need not tie yourself down to a particular carrier. If this news turns out to be true, then Apple would be the biggest winner here, since everyone and their pet dog won’t mind signing up for one without going through the hassle of switching carriers.
Just who is the person behind this rumor? Piper Jaffray analyst Chris Larsen’s the name, where he mentioned in a research note that “While we remain uncertain regarding the next-generation iPhone’s specs and features, we believe the most noteworthy change could be the device’s ability to run on more networks, specifically Sprint and T-Mobile in the U.S.”
AT&T and Verizon Wireless surely won’t be too pleased with such a rumor if it turned out to be true. What do you think?
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-09-12: ChargeKey Is A Lightning Cable Small Enough To Fit On Your Keychain
- 2013-09-02: Wal-Mart iPhone 5 And iPad Prices Slashed