We don’t even have the iPhone 5 out, and here is word of the iPhone 6 alongside its charging plans that have been bandied about as a teaser. It seems that experiments have already been done for the 2012 version of the phone, where it will rely on a new method that will juice up the handset. According to the Wall Street Journal, they do not know what will entail, but it will most probably be inductive in nature – bringing wireless charging to the masses just like how HP did with their webOS-powered devices.
Apple might just end up with the Qi wireless power standard, where users are able to take advantage of it using third-party chargers. No idea on whether Apple will take the same route as that of HP, sporting an Exhibition-like mode which will invoke the need for special applications when docked.
What do you think? Is the iPhone 6 really being leaked before the iPhone 5 or 4S is officially released? We live in a mad, mad world.RELATED
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- iPhone 6 Prototype With 4.9-Inch Screen Being Tested [Rumor]
- Apple Reportedly Buys Kinect-Tech Creator PrimeSense For $345 Million
- Amazon's 2014 Smartphone Rumored To Feature 3D Gestures And Eye Tracking
- WSJ "Confirms" iPhone 5c Orders Being Cut
- Follow: iPhone 5, iphone 6,
- Seen at: electronista