We don’t even have the iPhone 5 out, and here is word of the iPhone 6 alongside its charging plans that have been bandied about as a teaser. It seems that experiments have already been done for the 2012 version of the phone, where it will rely on a new method that will juice up the handset. According to the Wall Street Journal, they do not know what will entail, but it will most probably be inductive in nature – bringing wireless charging to the masses just like how HP did with their webOS-powered devices.
Apple might just end up with the Qi wireless power standard, where users are able to take advantage of it using third-party chargers. No idea on whether Apple will take the same route as that of HP, sporting an Exhibition-like mode which will invoke the need for special applications when docked.
What do you think? Is the iPhone 6 really being leaked before the iPhone 5 or 4S is officially released? We live in a mad, mad world.
- 2014-04-10: Research Shows High Interest In iPhone 6 Due To Larger Display Rumors
- 2014-04-08: More iPhone 6 Concept Renders Based On Leaked Schematics
- 2014-04-02: Investors Have Low Expectations From iPhone 6 [Analyst]
- 2014-03-31: iPhone 6 Concept Based On Alleged Leaked Schematics
- 2014-03-31: Purported iPhone 6 Rear Casing Pictures Leak
- 2013-02-08: iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 Rumored For 2013 Launch
- 2013-01-03: Apple Eyeing New Display Technology From Innolux [Rumor]