If you take a lot of photographs with your iPhone I’m pretty sure there are moments when you wish that your iOS phone was an SLR camera instead. Well, you don’t have to wish anymore, thanks to the folks over at Photojojo. They’ve just released a new product that allows a lot of iPhone users to do what they’ve been dreaming about for a long time (publisher: really?): a case that lets users mount SLR camera lenses to their iPhones. (publisher’s note: SLR refers to Single Lens Reflex, which is an internal mirror system in cameras. As such, iPhones could never be real “SLRs”)By attaching this case to an iPhone, users will be able to enhance the photograph taking skills of the iPhone, since they’ll be able to use professional grade lenses to perform tasks like optical zoom, manual focusing and more. With the case and some proper lenses, there’s no more need to “Instagram” your photographs to make them nicer, just shoot great, unfiltered photographs.
That said, don’t expect miracles: although the attachment may improve things like the zoom abilities, the image sensor of the phone remains very tiny when compared to an actual DSLR, and that plays a huge role in the photo-quality.
While it may take awhile to get used to holding your iPhone in this manner, it might do wonders for your photography (I haven’t tried it out yet so I can’t say for sure.) The SLR Mount comes in two models: one for Canon lenses, and another one for Nikon lenses, both work on the iPhone 4 and cost $190.00. Head over to Photojojo if you’re keen on getting one for yourself. We haven’t tried it, but we’re curious to hear from real-world users, so drop a comment if you have one.
- 2014-04-11: Leaked iPhone Cases Reveal New Button Cut Outs
- 2014-04-10: Analyst: iPhone 6 Sleep/Wake Button Could Be Relocated
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Recent Broadcom Hires Corroborates In-House Baseband Rumors
- 2014-04-09: 4.7-inch And 5.5-inch iPhone Models Could Feature Different Resolutions [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2011-12-28: Connect Design Block Case for the iPhone 4/4S: a case inspired by LEGO
- 2011-11-21: Photojojo's Lens Dial for the iPhone photography enthusiast
- 2011-11-07: Panorama mode discovered in iOS 5
- 2011-11-01: The olloclip is a 3-in-1 lens clip for your iPhone 4/4S
- 2011-04-05: GoPano micro lets you capture 360º videos with an iPhone 4