Earlier this year at CES, Klipsch showed off a new sound bar called the Gallery Studio. A horizontal speaker that allowed users to stream music from their iOS devices wirelessly onto it using AirPlay technology. Well it looks like Klipsch has revealed the full specs of the device, given it a bump in the price department and a new name – Gallery G-17.
Looking like an oversized-Kinect motion controller, the Gallery G-17 has four individually powered drivers: two Tractrix-horned .76″ tweeters (10w each) and two 2.5″ 20w woofers. In addition to supporting AirPlay for wireless streaming, it has a USB and a 3.5mm port for you to plug non-iOS devices or if you feel like charging your device and listening to music at the same time. There’s playback controls on the side of the device in addition to a remote control for convenience, and a tempered glass base.
The G-17 will be released this fall and will set you back $530 (up $130 from its previous $400 price tag). Find out more at the Klipsch website.RELATED
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Beats Music Streaming Service U.S. Launch Is Next Month
- LG Tone Ultra Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced
- Razer Kraken Forged Edition Headphones Introduced
- ROCKI WiFi Music System Lets Any Speaker Playback Wirelessly
- Follow: airplay, klipsch, speakers,
- Seen at: engadget