LaCie’s original plan to roll out their Thunderbolt-enabled Little Big Disk has hit a snag – with the company announcing that they have shelved that plan to later this fall or early winter, without providing any further explanation after missing the summer date. We too, are puzzled as to why this happened since the Little Big Disk was announced in February this year.
It is interesting to note that other Thunderbolt-equipped peripheral manufacturers including Promise, BlackMagic Design and Matrox have already rolled out their products to the market, but those tend to end up targeting the pro video segment, where Thunderbolt is tipped to be a strong selling point.
LaCie’s effort with the Little Big Disk will concentrate the mass consumer adoption strategy, where it will retail for $299 with a couple of 1TB hard drives within. Of course, if you prefer SSD-equipped models, those will cost you more.
- 2014-01-05: LaCie Sphere Is A Stylish Looking Hard Drive
- 2014-01-05: LaCie Unveils New Little Big Disk Thunderbolt 2 Hard Drive
- 2013-04-24: Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 Delayed; Pre-Orders Hope To Be Fulfilled On April 27
- 2013-03-25: HTC One Delay Caused Due To Camera Shortages
- 2013-03-22: HTC One Releasing In The U.S. 'Before The End Of April'
- 2013-03-12: HTC One Global Release Delayed To April
- 2012-02-15: LaCie 2big Thunderbolt hard drives now shipping
- 2011-12-22: Razer Blade delayed until next year
- 2011-09-21: LaCie Little Big Disk Thunderbolt Series now available
- 2011-07-19: LaCie Thunderbolt mix up