Remember our story about LaCie’s Thunderbolt drives being delayed from summer to late fall or early winter that appeared a couple of days ago? Well, sorry to cause an unnecessary panic, but the good people over at LaCie has gotten back to us, with the exact words, “LaCie has made no announcement regarding delay of LaCie Thunderbolt drives.”
The whole snafu were pinpointed to a couple of web pages under LaCie’s domain – as well as the way the four seasons work on different continents. In North America, Asia and Europe, summer time would be winter in Australia and New Zealand, and vice versa, so the web pages which led to this confusion can be found here and here.
A slight difference in the URL has certainly moved blogs and news sites to report on a delay – but there ain’t none, which means the Thunderbolt drive should still be on track as scheduled. Boo hoo for localized web pages for individual sales areas, no?
Next Story: Nokia RM-670 arrives for FCC testing
- 2014-04-21 Next-gen Thunderbolt To Offer 40Gbps Transfer Speeds
- 2014-03-28 WD's My Passport Pro Is A Portable Thunderbolt Hard Drive
- 2014-01-05 LaCie Sphere Is A Stylish Looking Hard Drive
- 2014-01-05 LaCie Unveils New Little Big Disk Thunderbolt 2 Hard Drive
- 2013-11-25 4K Thunderbolt Displays Reportedly In The Works
- 2013-06-04 Intel Thunderbolt 2 To Succeed The Thunderbolt
- 2013-04-30 Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock Now Available For $299
- 2012-02-15 LaCie 2big Thunderbolt hard drives now shipping
- 2011-09-21 LaCie Little Big Disk Thunderbolt Series now available
- 2011-07-17 LaCie delays Little Big Disk to later this year sans explanation