Don’t you just love leaks? We do, what with all the shadowy operations going around, capturing photos on-the-fly with a shaky hand as there is always the risk of getting caught by your superior or authorities – hence the blurry images of a particular handset or device. Screenshots, however, are not affected by trembling hands, so here we are with a leaked roadmap which points toward HP’s plans for their webOS platform in 2011. The current TouchPad will see a 64GB model released later next month, sporting a faster processor, the possibility of a dual-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon processor and taking a page out of Apple’s book, coming in a glossy white shade.
There will be a “4G” (in reality, 3G) edition with HSPA+ model of the TouchPad as well which is tipped to arrive on AT&T. Apart from the change in modem, everything else about this model will be the same as the current 32GB model, although we would think that the name can be rather misleading.
A 7″ Opal tablet has also been mentioned for a fall release, in addition to the US-bound Pre 3 during the same period. No idea on who would want to pick up a webOS-powered smartphone with Android and iOS already making leaps and bounds over the rest of the competition – perhaps those who are visionaries?
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2011-10-06: HP TouchPad Go clears the FCC, HP gearing for launch?
- 2011-09-30: HP releases more TouchPad promo codes for Splashtop Remote Desktop HD
- 2011-09-28: HP TouchPad on sale for employees – crashes web store
- 2011-09-20: Unreleased HP webOS devices spotted in the wild
- 2011-02-09: HP Veer, Pre 3 and TouchPad mentioned on HP's site