Livescribe, the creator of the Livescribe pen has officially announced that it will be discontinuing its developer program. As of July 29th, the third-party developer program will no longer be supported by the company. The software development kit (SDK) has been removed, preventing developers from writing any custom apps for the smart pen, and the developer forums have been removed.
With many interesting third party apps created for the pen, it’s quite sad to see the company stop supporting third party development for whatever reason it may be. But knowing the dedication of the developer community, you can be pretty sure that an unofficial developer forum with access to back up copies of the SDK will surface soon enough. Stay tuned! Any Livescribe users in the audience?
- 2013-03-07: Wine Shipped In A Pen
- 2011-11-25: Samsung to discontinue netbook in favor of ultrabooks (Rumor)
- 2011-09-27: Rumor: Apple to discontinue iPod shuffle and iPod classic?
- 2011-08-26: Olympus PEN E-PM1 priced at sub-$500
- 2011-08-15: Microsoft discontinues support for Reader
- 2011-08-02: Web-based Ovi Calendar calls it a day
- 2011-07-01: Livescribe discontinues developer program