Besides the previously announced features of Windows Phone 7 Mango (multi-tasking, speed up of apps, Windows Live Messenger integrations etc), the folks over at the Windows Team blog have decided to reveal even more about the update. With over 500 new features they’ll be able to reveal quite a bit before Mango is finally released.
One of the new features that Mango brings to Windows Phone is an improved app list that allows users to easily locate apps without having to scroll so much. Users now have access to a quick jump menu like the phone’s contact list. Users just tap the first letter of the app’s name and the app list will scroll down to the corresponding section of the list. A search option has also been implemented for users to locate an app just by typing in its name.
The post also gets pretty detailed about the new multi-tasking system that comes with the update. Windows Phone is shaping to be a worthy competitor against iOS and Android. I wonder what other features Mango will bring to the table?
- 2013-04-08: Nokia Lumia 920 Is The Best Selling Windows Phone
- 2013-03-27: Windows Phone Outsells iOS And BlackBerry OS In Several Markets
- 2012-12-10: Angry Birds Star Wars On Windows Phone 7
- 2012-08-29: USB Video Out via Windows Phone 7
- 2012-07-27: Nokia Camera Extras for Windows Phone 7 released
- 2011-10-19: Windows Phone Mango update available to "nearly everyone"
- 2011-10-03: Windows Phone Mango update sent out to 50% of the world
- 2011-09-27: Windows Phone 7 Mango delivery begins today
- 2011-09-12: HTC Titan, Samsung Focus S, Focus Flash headed to AT&T
- 2011-08-19: Windows Phone 7 Mango ready to be delivered