There is nothing like progress to marvel at – and Mitsubishi continues to push the boundaries when it comes to electric cars, rolling out a new generation of their i-MiEV electric vehicle that will come in two trim levels. Firstly, there is the entry-level “M” that will retail for JPY 1,880,000 (roughly $24,000) after subsidies from the Japanese government, while the higher-level “G” that will feature a more comprehensive equipment and trim specification with extended cruising range per charge and the “MiEV Remote System”, will retail anywhere from JPY 2,600,000 to JPY 3,800,000 ($32,000 to $47,000) consumption tax inclusive.
One of the major changes introduced to the i-MiEV would be a couple of trim levels (hooray!), in addition to upgraded basic vehicle performance and equipment specifications. You will be able to cruise farther on a single charge as well, thanks to linking brake pedal usage to the regenerative braking system. Not only that, those who place a premium on safety will be pleased to know that Active Stability Control (ASC) is now fitted as standard, helping you gain more control over your vehicle as well.
With the “MiEV Remote System” factory-fitted option, it will provide you with the convenience of taking advantage of late-night and other off-peak electricity when it comes to charging the battery. [Press Release]
Next Story: D-Link Boxee Remote Control announced
- 2014-03-18: Electric Car Batteries Could Be Used to Power Europe’s Data Centers
- 2013-12-05: Nissan Leaf Owner Arrested For Stealing Five Cents Worth Of Electricity
- 2013-09-26: DUT 13 Electric Vehicle Breaks 0-60 World Acceleration Record
- 2013-06-25: Drayson Racing Technologies Breaks World Land Speed Record For Electric Cars
- 2013-06-16: DC Fast Charging Coming To Electric Cars Soon
- 2011-11-04: Kiira EV is first electric car from Uganda
- 2011-10-28: Humanix places airbags on the outside
- 2011-10-17: Electric DeLorean coming your way
- 2011-09-30: Nissan mobility concept ready to land in Japan
- 2011-09-29: Morgan and Zytek work on high performance electric vehicle